Congratulations to Clayton Moss on an outstanding Ironman finish #6 in Panama City Beach last weekend. He posted a personal best of 12:00:14! Thanks to RCTC and friends for all the well wishes, prayers, support and enthusiasm. I’m adding a few photos you may have missed if you’re not a Facebook’er. Thanks to Tony Sheffield and Jim Simpson for volunteering/support at the event, and to John Thompson and Marty Hufstetler for helping the Moss clan cheer on our guy… and for being at the Finish to hug our salty, exhausted athlete!
Congrats to Damien Salazar for winning the ‘with dogster’ division at the Run for Rover last weekend… Congrats to Chad Johnson for snagging a first place age group award and to Dee Dee Snow for participating. Anyone else run, place or spectate? I hear Bendewish was there…
Kits are en route and should deliver on time, so that means our Kit Fittings for 11.7 (Ladies) and 11.11 (Men) are confirmed as well. Please be sure to RSVP either by posting here or to the Facebook event page if you’re on FB. Please invite potential members to join us. This may be the only order that is submitted for the 2014 season, so we want to be sure everyone has an opportunity to try on and order the gear.
We’ve had some members volunteer to help run RCTC next year, and they are as follows…
1. Clinic Organizer – Jeff Drawdy (+ Clayton)
2. Social Chairs – Alison Parker + Alison Conklin
3. Apparel Team – Chad Johnson, Melody Gunter + Jenn Bendewish (+Renee)
4. Advertising Sales + Treasury – Lance Parker (+Renee)
5. Race Results Reporter – Still NEEDED! This person (or 2-3) will help collect weekend race results and photos (and post!), gather relevant series results for tallying, and send recaps to the newspaper. You do not have to attend all the events; you just need to collect the details.
We’ll take a vote at our Dec. 2 SHINDIG, so if you’re interested in helping out, please let us know STAT! Thx, all!
And if you haven’t RSVP’ed for the End-of-Year SHINDIG yet, it’s fast approaching, so please hop on FB and reply. Or post here if you’re not on FB. Thanks!